The Den of Woe is a secret location in Final Fantasy X-2.
It is a hidden cave found in the Mushroom Rock Gorge where the spirit of Shuyin has dwelt for 1,000 years. The Gullwings first stumbled upon it while heading to the Youth League headquarters when they detected Spherewaves and decide to investigate. There they discovered Ormi and Logos trying to open the sealed door by using various spheres. The goons fled but left behind one sphere, ironically this was the one that was part of the unlocking mechanism of the door: a Crimson Sphere.
The Crimson Spheres were the records of Nooj, Baralai, and Gippal's experiences while training for the Crimson Squad, an elite branch of the Crusaders. Locating all 10 spheres will unlock the door and allow the player to enter the Den.
The Den of Woe contains no treasure or fiends, but is filled with Pyreflies that have kept Shuyin in a semi-corporeal state for a millennium, fueling his anger and grief. During your sojourn, Rikku and Paine are possessed by Shuyin, he shows Yuna how he and Lenne died, and he will also summon the images of Nooj, Baralai, and Gippal to fight Yuna. Although it is an optional sidequest of Final Fantasy X-2, unlocking and entering the Den is necessary for achieving 100% completion of the game.
Location of the Crimson Spheressửa
- Crimson Sphere 1 - Bevelle Underground, following the meeting between Nooj, Baralai, and Gippal.
- Crimson Sphere 2 - Farplane Abyss, from Nooj and Gippal following battle with Ixion.
- Crimson Sphere 3 - Farplane Abyss, from Nooj and Gippal following battle with Ixion.
- Crimson Sphere 4 - Guadosalam, in the hidden area of LeBlanc's Chateau.
- Crimson Sphere 5 - Celsius, from LeBlanc following Yuna's concert.
- Crimson Sphere 6 - Via Infinito - (First Floor)
- Crimson Sphere 7 - Den of Woe, from Nooj.
- Crimson Sphere 8 - Via Infinito - (20th Floor)
- Crimson Sphere 9 - Den of Woe, the sphere that Ormi and Logos drop.
- Crimson Sphere 10 - Guadosalam, hidden in Ormi's room.