- "A small country on the eastern coast of Galbadia continent (formerly Dollet). Remnant of an ancient empire."
- —FFVIII Info Corner
Dollet (ドール公国, Dōru-koukoku) is the name of a small, independent duchy in Final Fantasy VIII. It is the setting for Squall, Zell, Seifer and Selphie's last test for becoming a SeeD. It is one of the few locations in the game to possess any kind of broadcasting technology, which makes it important to multiple parties.
History and Profilesửa
According to the Final Fantasy VIII Ultimania, Dollet Dukedom is the last remnant of the Holy Dollet Empire, which once governed most of the world. Dollet Empire was the first major settlement started by the people who emigrated from Centra. Most of what used to be part of Dollet Empire is currently governed by Galbadia.
Lying in the northeast region of the Galbadian continent, Dollet is a small territory. Due to Dollet's warm climate and beautiful scenery, it has become a popular tourist attraction, with the wealthy from various nations setting up high-class resorts. Dollet holds a small-scale infantry troop, but they lack combat experience and could not cope with a sudden offensive surge. Due to a small military budget, the necessary funds to commission SeeD were raised by an extra tax on the residents.
Squall, Zell and Seifer arrive Dollet on their SeeD exam mission, their main purpose getting the Galbadian soldiers out of the occupied town. However, Seifer becomes impatient and spots some soldiers up at the city's radio tower, and goes after them, disobeying a direct order from Balamb Garden. On their way to the radio tower, they meet up with Selphie, who joins the team after Seifer runs ahead. Atop the tower, Biggs and Wedge are reactivating the tower, and fight the aspiring SeeDs. However, in the middle of the battle, a monster, Elvoret appears, and blows Biggs and Wedge out of the battle. After Elvoret is defeated, the cadets have to escape to the beach within 30 minutes. However, Biggs activates the tower, and sends a mechanical spider after them. The party can try to defeat it, or run away. If they successfully run from it, Quistis will open fire and destroy the mechanical spider.
Dollet is situated within the Hasberry Valley in the Galbadian Continent right on the edge of the ocean.
- Car Rental
Car Rental at the town entrance hires our cars for a small fee. Although driving a car allows the party to avoid random encounters, they need fuel to run them.
- Dollet Pub
A two-floor installation; the first floor for beverages and confectionery and the top floor devoted to the game of Triple Triad. Another room, accessed via a bridge that cuts over the street outside, also plays host to the game, albeit only those invited are allowed, very V.I.P.
With housing either side and cobblestone paving, the streets of Dollet are wide enough for cars to run through and run a circuit through the town.
- Town Square
During the Siege of Dollet Squad B was assigned to hold position on the town square. The center of Dollet, the square holds host to a prominent water fountain, as well as the entrance to the Dollet Hotel.
- Dollet Hotel
- Items - Timber Maniacs Magazine
The bridge crosses the gap between the township and the mountain path.
- Dollet Communications Tower
The primary target during the Siege of Dollet, the Galbadian Army attempted to gain control of the tower in an effort to restore communications around the globe. Although successful in reactivating it, the army was pushed out by SeeD forces soon after.
- Items - Weapons Monthly Magazine
- Draw Points - Blind
- Guardian Forces - Siren
- Dollet Harbour
A seaside town like Balamb, Dollet features a small harbor complemented with little cafe's dotted along the wharf.
Dollet's beach was used as the primary entry point by the SeeD forces during the Siege of Dollet. The beach is contained by man-made walls.
|Recovery Items||Price (gil)||GF Items||Price (gil)|
|Eye Drops||100||Normal Ammo||20|
|Echo Screen||100||Miscellaneous||Price (gil)|
Note: All enemies listed below appear during the SeeD field exam only.
|"Dance with the Balamb Fish"|
|Tập tin:FFVII - Dance with the Balamb Fish.ogg|
|Đợi lâu quá mà không nghe được ?|
- Xem thêm: Final Fantasy VIII: Original Soundtrack.
- "The Landing" - accompanies the SeeD field exam, accompanying the FMV of their arrival in Dollet.
- "Starting Up" - music following the activation of the Dollet Communications Tower.
- "Dance with the Balamb-Fish" - the field music for Dollet. This music is also used for some of the time that the lunar party or on the base.
- "Never Look Back" - played during the chase scene between the SeeDs and the X-ATM092 Assault Mech.
- "Dead End" - played during the final moments of the chase scene.
- The demo for Final Fantasy VIII revolves around the Dollet Invasion but certain aspects are different from the game version. Most notably the playable cast features only Squall, Zell and Rinoa, Squall and Zell are in their civilian clothes and not their Garden uniform, and the game's demo uses a music track during the Dollet invasion which is not featured in the game's final version. Leviathan is the only available GF to summon.
- ↑ http://thelifestream.net/final-fantasy-vii/ultimania-translations-final-fantasy-vii/5745/that-akkursed-seed-keeps-growing-still-more-ffviii-ultimania-translations/